Dr. phil. Alexander Yendell
|Since 2016||Contract Lecturer at Katholische Privatuniversität Linz|
|2016 (February and March)||ERASMUS Plus Lecturer at Kingston University London|
|2014 (July and August)||Visiting Research Fellow at the Centre for Education Studies, University of Warwick|
|Since 2013||Research Fellow at the Department of the Sociology of Church and Religion, University of Leipzig|
|2013-2014||Contract Lecturer at the Institute of Sociology, University of Münster|
|2009-2013||Research Fellow at the Chair of the Sociology of Religion at the Institute of Sociology and the Cluster of Excellence “Religion and Politics”, University of Münster|
|2008-2009||University Lecturer at the Institute of Sociology, University of Münster|
|2007-2008||Coordinator of the Graduate School of Sociology, University of Münster|
|2007-2009||Contract Lecturer for Methods and Statistics at the mibeg-Institute in Cologne|
|2006-2007||Research Fellow at the Institute of Sociology, University of Münster, on the e-learning project "Experiencing statistics..."|
|2004-2007||Research Fellow at the Institute of Social Pedagogy, Further Education and Empirical Pedagogy, Department of Adult Education/Extracurricular Youth Education, University of Münster|
|2002-2003||Research Fellow at the Emmy Noether Programme's group of young researchers of the German Research Foundation (DFG) with a focus on “Integration activities of voluntary associations” at the Human Sciences Faculty, University of Potsdam|
|2001-2002||Graduate Assistant at the Centre for Women's Health Research at the Institute of Human Genetics, Münster University Hospital|
|1996-2002||Several Student Assistant jobs at the Institute of Sociology and at Münster University Hospital as well as an internship with Jaguar Cars in Coventry and freelance work as an author for newspapers and television|
|2008-2014||PhD studies in Sociology, University of Münster (dissertation title: "Social Inequalities in Continuing Vocational Training")|
|1998-2002||Main study period, University of Münster; major: Sociology; minors: Political Science, Educational Science; degree: Magister Artium (German MA)|
|1994-1997||Basic study period, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf|
Publications and presented papers
Media reception (a selection)
- DW-TV (16.6.2016, live): “New study shows rising homophobia”, tv-interview: http://bit.ly/29bmmfp
- DW-TV (15.6.2016, live): “New study shows political polarization in Germany”, tv-interview: http://bit.ly/29c4tcj
- DW-TV (15.6.2016, live): “Studie zu Ausländerfeindlichkeit“, tv-interview: http://bit.ly/28JkN38
- DRadio Wissen (15.6.2016: „Studie: Die enthemmte Mitte ‚Politisch motivierte Gewalt nimmt zu‘“, online news and report on radio: http://bit.ly/29imgSf
- Spiegel Online (22.10.2015):"Umgang mit rechter Rhetorik: 'Man muss ständig entlarven'", online news, http://bit.ly/1jD3U0k
- Westfälische Nachrichten (27.1.2015): "Sie brauchen Sündenböcke", online news: http://bit.ly/1v0tCjH
- Huffington Post (14.9.2011): "Talk Is Cheap When It Comes to Religious Freedom", online news: http://huff.to/1esr2I4
- BBC (30.12.2010): "Germans wrestle with multicultural identity", report on radio: http://bit.ly/LqQVg1, online news: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12090328
- Political Psychology of the derogation of religious diversity
- Germany reinvents itself – The integration of Muslim migrants from the perspective of the sociology of migration and religion
- "Statistics II" (lecture)
- "Statistics for Social Scientists"
- "Procedures of multivariate statistical analysis"
- "New anti-semitism? Empirical results in the light of sociological and social psychological explanations"
- "Social trust"
- "Perception and acceptance of religious pluralism"
- "Development of a standardized questionnaire: Religious Pluralism in Europe"
- "Studying and living conditions of foreign students in Münster. A quantitative survey"
- "Introductory Course for SPSS"
- "Methods and Statistics for Market and Opinion Research"
- "New Research Literature on Adult Education and Lifelong Learning"